Wednesday, November 17, 2010

22 Weeks

This is my weekly pregnancy update. For details on the story behind these updates you can visit my first one here.

It's been a busy week.  That should explain my tardiness in getting this post done.  I've been out in the working world some over the last two weeks.  It is amazing how my Facebook and blogging time suffers by such an inconvenience (three tries to spell this word... it was so bad I had to keep tweaking the spelling just to get spell check to "suggest" the right word).     Don't get me wrong I don't sit and do this stuff all day when I'm home with Case but I do manage to sneak a few minutes in here and there when Case is napping or entertaining himself.  

Speaking of entertaining himself... not much of that happening this week either.  I think my little two teeth one year old is FINALLY going to get some teeth on top... that is if they ever stop bugging him and poke through.  He has been extra fussy but that has it's perks.  I've gotten some extra snuggle time.  Sometimes he just wants to sit on my lap and he's happy.  Everything has a bright side!  

Pregnancy Play-by-play

How Far Along: 22 Weeks

Size of baby: Baby J is the size of a Papaya, which struck me funny because I learned from my insurance company that you aren't supposed to eat papaya when you're pregnant.  I had never heard this but a nurse from Anthem calls me once a month to check in and give me the chance to ask questions and she told me.  I was surprised by this because I was pretty sure I had read every single do and don't during pregnancy that the internet had to offer when I was pregnant with Case.  

Total Weight Gain/Loss: + 5.5 - UGHHH!  That's all I can say.  I know I've earned each and every pound but it is getting harder and harder to slow it down!  I really want to take full advantage of this increased metabolism but apparently it just makes me hungrier :-(  Keeping my eye on baby being healthy and I'll deal with me once baby is safely in my arms and out of my belly.  

Maternity Clothes: Maternity jeans and T-shirt, "The Suit" or sweatpants and some maternity shirts pretty much take care of my wardrobe these days.  

Gender: BOY!!! We're officially playing the name game so feel free to share your suggestions.  I thought we had it pretty well narrowed down but Wayne informed me that we in fact do NOT have it narrowed down so a little help would be great!

Movement: Definitely feeling more this week!  :-)

Sleep:  Between work and Case teething, just TRY to stop me from sleeping!  

Cravings: I pretty much just want chocolate, cheese pizza, and fountain Cokes.  

Symptoms: Not much this week that is coming to mind right now.  I would say now until the end is my favorite part of pregnancy!!!


Best Moment this week:  Feeling the baby move on a more regular basis!

A quick comparison from where I started to where I am :-)

No comments: