Wednesday, November 10, 2010

21 Weeks!!!

This is my weekly pregnancy update. For details on the story behind these updates you can visit my first one here.

We made it to our safety zone.  Again, I am well aware that no pregnancy is truly safe until you are holding a healthy baby in your arms instead of your belly, and then a whole new set of worries sets in but this is our milestone.  Wayne and I are SO very appreciative of all the prayers and sweet comments helping us get to this point.  

Now is when I feel like I can really start thinking about things like where I will put this baby once it is no longer living inside of me.  At this point it will be in an infant carrier still attached to my stomach or sleeping in the middle of Case's playroom if I don't start making some arrangements.  

It looks like it might be time to pack up my craft area, which I hate to do but you and I both know I'm not going to have time for crafts anyways (as if I have had time to do much for the last year as it is).  I should probably treat my craft zone like you're supposed to treat clothes in your closet.  If you haven't worn/used it for a year you need to get rid of it... yep that should pretty much take care of 95% of my craft supply.  




Pregnancy Play-by-play


Please tell me you can see this shirt getting tighter and my belly getting bigger in a "pregnant" kind of way... if you see it as anything else you are welcome to keep your comment to yourself :-)   I think I need to start taking these pictures from my head looking down at my belly because I totally look pregnant from that angle but then I see these pictures and all I can do is wonder how much different I look to the rest of the world.  The next time you see me go ahead and get very close to me and look down... I promise I look pregnant then (I'm TOTALLY kidding... if you really did that I would think you were invading my personal space and I probably wouldn't talk to you anymore:-)  

Do you all think I'm weird for WANTING to look pregnant when you hear so many women complaining about looking pregnant?    I guess I just feel like it is such a huge blessing that I want to show the world what God is doing inside of me right now.  The thought that He picked me to carry this baby... that He CHOSE me.. totally overwhelms me with honor and joy!  

How Far Along: 21 Weeks

Size of baby: Baby J is the size of a banana (for some reason last week's cantaloupe reference sounded bigger to me but I guess we're talking length not overall weight).

Total Weight Gain/Loss: +4 pounds - This is what I was afraid of.  I am no longer sick and so here I am... able to eat... all the time!  I'm hoping some of this was water and will go back down some but that probably means I need to pretend I'm not having these sweet cravings for cookies and Coke.  

Maternity Clothes: Maternity jeans and T-shirt, "The Suit" or sweatpants and some maternity shirts pretty much take care of my wardrobe these days.  I walked into Motherhood Maternity with my mom over the weekend and after taking one look at their "plus-size" section and the pricetags associated with it we quickly walked out.  I'm not sure what I'll do as I get farther into this pregnancy... I'm gonna have to get REAL creative!

Gender: BOY!!! We're officially playing the name game so feel free to share your suggestions.

Movement: I'm feeling more and more movement but not as much as I'd like... who knew this whole pregnancy thing wouldn't work on my timetable!  :-)

Sleep: I think I've finally recovered from Case's birthday party because I'm not quite as tired as I was... any day now I'm sure that 2nd trimester "burst of energy" they talk about will kick in... in the meantime I'll wait... and sleep.  I've been going into the office some this week and therefore having to get up quite a bit earlier because apparently pajamas and no shower in the workplace are a no-no so by the end of those days I'm usually ready for bed but it isn't too bad.  

Cravings: I pretty much just want chocolate, cheese pizza, and fountain Cokes.  I just don't know where that weight gain is coming from!  Baffling isn't it?

Symptoms: Good news... Megan and Sarah have been keeping me moving this week and my back is A LOT better than it was and the even better news is that it never went totally out.  Thank you God for protecting me from that pain and for blessing me with these healthy and active friends!!!!!

Best Moment this week:  Hmmm... I don't know.  This hasn't been an especially eventful week but God blesses me with so many wonderful moments everyday it is hard to choose one.  I can tell you that every morning when I walk into Case's room and he gives me that huge smile is the best moment and every evening when Wayne gets home safely from work and gives Case and I a kiss that is the best moment.  There's just SO many blessings in my life every single day I don't feel like I can pick just one this week.  What a terrible problem to have, huh?  :-)

2 comments:

Michele said...

It's funny you mentioned the price tags with the plus size maternity clothes. I thought the same thing. I only have 2 pairs of maternity pants & 2 long sleeved maternity shirts. The dressy outfit I had to buy to go to a wedding doesn't count because I'll never wear it again. :) I've always HATED to spend money on clothes -- let alone when you know you'll only wear them a few months. So I pretty much wash the same 2 outfits over and over again and wear my husband's big t-shirts. :)

Congrats on reaching the 21 week mark! And good luck on cleaning up your craft area. When you get all that figured out, you're welcome to come do mine!

... said...

I always take issue with the price of maternity clothes. Motherhood stuff is often poorly made and very expensive...A Pea in the Pod is better quality, but requires a second mortgage to purchase. GRRRR

eBay, sistah! That's where I got my wardrobes...and then re-sold (the few that weren't dotted with ketchup/ranch dressing/chocolate where I spilled on my ginormous belly).