Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Oreo Turkey's

I told you the Oreo Turkey's might be worthy of their own post and here we are.   This is what they were supposed to look like...

Here's mine (with Mom's help... I know she'd hate it if I didn't give her credit :)...
Sadly I think this was the best one out of the bunch or gaggle or whatever a bunch of turkey's is called?


Here's a side by side view because I'm sure it is hard to tell whose is whose (struggling with the grammar lesson on who's and whose... good thing I'm not teaching anymore)...

In our defense, if you follow their directions it doesn't even call for yellow icing so somebody explain to me how they made that out of white icing, chocolate icing and red food coloring.  I mean really?  At least give us a complete ingredient list.  I'm just sure they would have looked just like the picture if we had been given complete information.

I got the idea for these from one of my old teacher friends, who had posted the link on her Facebook wall.  Then she posted pictures of her attempt.  At first I thought, oh that's so cute she let her kids help her.  Well I can honestly say now that I hope she DIDN'T let her kids help and that those were just her attempt because the work of these two adults looks just like them!

Just for laughs here's one more look at our "no kids were involved" turkey's.  I think the one on the bottom left was hit.  TURKEY DOWN!!!

The good news is that ours will taste just like theirs!!!



4 comments:

Sarah said...

They are so cute! You did a really good job!

Tracey said...

These are so cute! You are so creative. Happy Thanksgiving!

Summer said...

You beat me to it! I was going to say I bet they all tasted the same, though. They still look adorable!

Sara said...

These look fabulous. I can't wait to try and attempt these next Thanksgiving! My nephew Corvin would love these:)