Wednesday, February 2, 2011

33 Weeks

This is my weekly pregnancy update. For details on the story behind these updates you can visit my first one here.

Pregnancy Play-by-play
Seriously... who hit the fast forward button?!?!  This is going too fast for me!  I don't feel ready yet.  I feel like I need more time to prepare for this little boy to join our family.  All in God's time though... He knows best when I am ready!
I wish I had an excuse for why this picture is so bad but I really don't.  
I was just tired; oh and it was post dinner meltdown (info below)!

How Far Along: 33 Weeks

Size of baby: Baby Ty is supposed to be the size of a honeydew melon in the 8th month but he has made it clear that those are only averages and he is NOT sticking with them.  He's supposed to get up to 5.8 pounds this month but since he was 5 pounds 1 ounce last week I'm assuming he's about 5 pounds 9 ounces this week (they're supposed to gain .5 pounds each week at this point) so I no longer have anything accurate to compare him to. I guess fruit comparisons might be out the window at this point or maybe we just need to picture a GIANT honeydew melon this month :-)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: + 14 

Maternity Clothes: The suit and all maternity clothes, with the exception of a few shirts that still fit (at least I think they do... if you see me out and my shirt is looking more like a leotard than a shirt please be a true friend and tell me so that I can pack it away until the belly allows).

Gender: BOY!!! Ty Athen!   

Movement:   After having a bit of a scare at our appointment last week I've been paying closer attention to how much he's moving.  He's been good to me this week by making himself known!

Sleep:  I'm sleeping pretty well still.  Sometimes my hips start to hurt from laying on my sides so much but it doesn't usually bother me until I'm close to getting up anyways so it's not a big deal.  I am finding that laying on my back is getting more and more uncomfortable.  I know they say you aren't supposed to lay on your back but I frequently wake up that way.  My doc said it's no big deal.  It will get uncomfortable at some point and that will prevent me from laying that way when I shouldn't, which seems to be the case now.  

Cravings: Oh let's see... last week it was cupcakes.  I still want cupcakes and since we've been iced in for two days now I finally gave in and made some more because you can be sure that last week's are LONG gone.  I also introduced myself to teriyaki (I know I'm probably spelling that wrong but spell check doesn't have a better suggestion so there ya go) turkey jerky this week... delicious!!!  I am not a big fan of meat so when I find something that I like it's a big deal!  Does turkey jerky even count as meat?  It does in my book!

Symptoms: I think I'm starting to get a little more tired at the end of the day.  I also have the super smeller still and am pretty good at crying so don't look at me cross.  We were all sitting at dinner last night when Wayne looked at me and said, "You don't look good.  You look like you are either about to throw up or cry."  Wayne knows me VERY well and usually knows if there is something wrong but on this particular occasion there really wasn't.  I tried to tell him that I was just tired but the longer he looked at me the more the tears welled up.  Why you ask?  I have no idea!  My feelings weren't hurt that he said this and I didn't feel sick... just tired.  So through my tears I was also laughing and telling him to stop looking at me like that so that I could stop crying.  Oh the emotions that go with being pregnant... I wish I could say that I am way more stable when I'm not pregnant pregnant but I Wayne would probably confirm that I can't.  

Best moment this week:  Seeing a healthy BIG baby boy at our ultrasound!!!  It's also been lots of fun having Wayne home with us for the last two days due to the ice storm!   Case and I also got to go out shopping right before the ice started and we got a few more items for Ty's room as well as his St. Patrick's Day outfit!  I'm sort of unsure of which outfit to keep because Case came out swimming in 0/3 month sizes and needed newborn but since Ty is currently measuring much bigger than Case did I have no idea what he will wear.  I got a newborn and a 0/3 size... I guess I'll keep them both and we'll see which one he can wear.  I like the 0/3 size one the best!  We also got Daddy and Case a St. Patrick's Day shirt to wear (photos below).  Everyone will be decked out in green except me... maybe they have green hospital robes or something!
Won't Daddy be so classy in his shirt?!?!  I can't blame him... I approved it before it was purchased!

No comments: