Friday, February 25, 2011

36 Weeks

This is my weekly pregnancy update. For details on the story behind these updates you can visit my first one here.

Pregnancy Play-by-play
I think I might have officially outgrown this shirt!
Sorry this post is so late.  It's been one of those weeks!!!

How Far Along: 36 Weeks

Size of baby: Baby Ty is supposed to be the size of a honeydew melon in the 8th month but he has made it clear that those are only averages and he is NOT sticking with them.  If I go with him gaining about 1/2 pound each week then I'm going to say he is nearing the 7.5 pound mark.  I have no idea if this is accurate but it has to be closer than the averages I was using.  

Total Weight Gain/Loss: + 16.5

Maternity Clothes: The suit and all maternity clothes, with the exception of a few shirts that still fit (at least I think they do... if you see me out and my shirt is looking more like a leotard than a shirt please be a true friend and tell me so that I can pack it away until the belly allows).

Gender: BOY!!! Ty Athen!   

Movement:   Ty's movement just depends on the day and the time of day.  Definitely evenings are his more active time.  I still sit in awe and watch my belly move when he is at his most active.  I could watch for hours!

Sleep:  Sleep is fine.  I wouldn't call it great but it's fine.  I do pretty good most nights.  I am DEFINITELY more tired in the mornings now and have trouble getting going but once I've eaten I usually feel better.     

Cravings: ICE!!!!!

Symptoms: I find that I have to recover more from busy days now.  The beginning of this week was crazy and a nap was definitely in order yesterday.  Today I'd like to nap but instead am trying to get stuff caught up and some work done.  

Best moment this week:  I had an appointment on Tuesday.  It was another good one!  I love hearing the doctor say what an uneventful pregnancy this has been!  I think the funniest moment this week was the reminder call I got about my c-section.  Really?  A reminder call?  Does a c-section slip someone's mind???  I thought that was too funny!  I'm sure it was more of a reminder to be there 2 hours early and not to eat after midnight but it was masked as a reminder of the appointment call.

Oh boy... I just saw the ticker below.  I'm a little freaked out!




Pregnancy Tickers


No comments: