Wednesday, February 9, 2011

34 Weeks

This is my weekly pregnancy update. For details on the story behind these updates you can visit my first one here.

Pregnancy Play-by-play
I think I need to start looking into make up of some sort and perhaps do my hair or something for these pictures.  I think they are getting worse and worse.  
How Far Along: 34 Weeks

Size of baby: Baby Ty is supposed to be the size of a honeydew melon in the 8th month but he has made it clear that those are only averages and he is NOT sticking with them.  If I go with him gaining about 1/2 pound each week then I'm going to say he is nearing the 6 pound mark.  I have no idea if this is accurate but it has to be closer than the averages I was using.  

Total Weight Gain/Loss: + 15 (ugh!)

Maternity Clothes: The suit and all maternity clothes, with the exception of a few shirts that still fit (at least I think they do... if you see me out and my shirt is looking more like a leotard than a shirt please be a true friend and tell me so that I can pack it away until the belly allows).

Gender: BOY!!! Ty Athen!   

Movement:   I wouldn't call you an overly active baby but most days you make yourself known enough that my mind is at ease.  There was another day last week where I started to get a little worried because you didn't move much.  I drank OJ and laid on my left side.  That didn't even get you going.  Daddy whipped out the old doppler and we heard your perfect little heartbeat.  It made me feel better.  Later that evening you started to move a little more.  I think you like to keep me on my toes already!

Sleep:  I've been sleeping pretty well this week.  Sometimes my hips still hurt but not too bad.    

Cravings: I'm still a fan of the turkey jerky and pretty much anything chocolate but I think my husband would agree that my most severe craving throughout this entire pregnancy has been ice.  I don't know why I never thought to mention this before.  I'm always a fan of ice but now when I hear ice clink into someone's cup the craving comes on strong!  I can be upstairs and hear Wayne fill his cup with ice and all I can think is how good that ice is going to be because he doesn't eat it.  It isn't just any ice that I like... it's "soft" ice.  What is "soft ice" you ask?  Well it's that ice that has soaked in a drink and become porous and easy to crunch without feeling like your teeth are going to crumble into pieces.

Last night we were with our small group from church and they had a bowl of ice sitting on the counter for drinks.  By the end of our meeting that ice looked SO good to me!  I filled one glass (when I say filled I mean it was over the rim) and asked Wayne if it was inappropriate for me to dump the rest of the bowl into a cup to take with me... he said it was so I had to leave those last few pieces to just be thrown out.  I can't tell you how much that pained me!  The problem with eating ice is that it makes me have to pee that much more.  It might sound strange that ice has more of an effect on that than water or any other drink but trust me I've done LOTS of research and it's true! I've told Wayne in the past to cut me off near bedtime but you should see the look on my face when he actually TRIES to implement that rule.  We don't argue much but ice can quickly become a point of contention if he doesn't surrender quickly (which he usually does... he's such a softy:-).  

Symptoms: I think I'm starting to get a little more tired at the end of the day.  I also have the super smeller still and am pretty good at crying so don't look at me cross.  Other than that I'm perfectly normal... hey I said don't look at me cross unless you want me to cry!

Best moment this week:  I think Ty got the hiccups two nights ago while I was taking a nap.  I love that!!!  Ty's room is also very close to being finished and that was another great moment this week!  Wayne put a lot of time in over the weekend and it all pretty much came together.  I can't believe there's going to be a baby living in there very soon!!!  I spend a lot of time just sitting in there and Case likes to play in there as well.  I also got to meet Baby Elias, my cousin's new baby.  He is their second little boy (big brother is 22 months old).  I took Case to meet him also.  He squatted down at the end of Eli's bouncy seat and just stared at him. Other than that he didn't pay much attention even when I was holding him.  I'm sure it will go just as smoothly when Ty gets here (LOL)!



Pregnancy Tickers

1 comment:

Mandee said...

Oh Bev!! The "ice" thing is soo funny! I remember sitting with you in many trainings and you always had a cup of ice with you! You my friend are an ice expert!