Tuesday, February 15, 2011

35 Weeks

This is my weekly pregnancy update. For details on the story behind these updates you can visit my first one here.

Pregnancy Play-by-play


How Far Along: 35 Weeks

Size of baby: Baby Ty is supposed to be the size of a honeydew melon in the 8th month but he has made it clear that those are only averages and he is NOT sticking with them.  If I go with him gaining about 1/2 pound each week then I'm going to say he is nearing the 6.5 pound mark.  I have no idea if this is accurate but it has to be closer than the averages I was using.  

Total Weight Gain/Loss: + 15.5 (ugh!)

Maternity Clothes: The suit and all maternity clothes, with the exception of a few shirts that still fit (at least I think they do... if you see me out and my shirt is looking more like a leotard than a shirt please be a true friend and tell me so that I can pack it away until the belly allows).

Gender: BOY!!! Ty Athen!   

Movement:   Ty's movement just depends on the day and the time of day.  Definitely evenings are his more active time.  At my appointment this week the doctor told me she was VERY glad that I have the doppler at home because if I didn't she would make me come in every time we had a "not a lot of movement" day.  It seems like you are most active when I first get into bed and am sitting up.  This is probably a sign of things to come but I'm going to try not to think about that right now.  I LOVE to sit and watch my belly move or set things on my belly and watch you kick them.  You keep me very entertained and you aren't even here yet!

Sleep:  Sleep is fine.  I wouldn't call it great but it's fine.  I do ok most nights.  I am DEFINITELY more tired in the mornings now and have trouble getting going but once I've eaten I usually feel better.     

Cravings: ICE!!!!!


Symptoms: I think I'm starting to get a little more tired at the end of the day.  I also have the super smeller still and am pretty good at crying so don't look at me cross.  Other than that I'm perfectly normal... hey I said don't look at me cross unless you want me to cry!

Best moment this week:  I had another appointment on Thursday.  She said baby sounded great and had no concerns with my weight, urine, blood pressure, or baby's heartbeat.  She isn't even putting me on weekly appointments because everything has been so normal and I'm scheduled for my c-section already so she doesn't have to check to see if I'm dilating.  So I guess that means I will see her two more times in her office and then in the delivery room!   



Pregnancy Tickers


No comments: