Thursday, December 16, 2010

26 Weeks

This is my weekly pregnancy update. For details on the story behind these updates you can visit my first one here.

Pregnancy Play-by-play

Yes, I know this isn't my typical outfit.  My shirt and jeans were in the laundry and I was lazy!  That's it... no other excuse just pure laziness.  Apparently my laziness outweighs my need for consistency.  Who knew?!?!

How Far Along: 26 Weeks

Size of baby: Baby J is the size of an eggplant.  13.6 to 14.8 inches long and 1.5 to 2.2 pounds (hmmm... that doesn't really add up to the 8.5 pounds I've gained!)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: + 8.5

Maternity Clothes: Maternity jeans and T-shirt, "The Suit(s)" or sweatpants and some maternity shirts pretty much take care of my wardrobe these days.

Gender: BOY!!! Ty Athen???  Yes I'm still saying it with a question mark... again with the commitment issue!!

Movement: He's moving more and more... I LOVE that feeling!!!

Sleep: Case is still teething and so on the nights that I can get the pillows just right I'm still sleeping really well!  Maybe someday his teeth will actually pop through, although it is starting to seem more likely to me that his teeth will be all the way in but still covered by his gums.  I mean seriously... how far can they stick out before they break through the skin???  Poor kid!

Cravings: Baked goods and caffeine free Coke. Thank you to Meijer for putting Coke products on sale FINALLY!

Symptoms: I don't notice much but Wayne reminds me over and over again that I have a crazy sensitive sense of smell.  This conversation came up tonight when I was upstairs and Wayne was downstairs making popcorn.  I was pretty sure he had moved the microwave up to the computer desk the smell was SO strong!  I felt like I was IN the bowl!  He just shakes his head and tells me that I was the same way when I was pregnant with Case and the popcorn actually smells the same way that it always has.  

Best moment this week:  Watching Ty "kick" Elmo, which Case had set in my lap.  It was funny to SEE Ty kick something other than my bladder!  He gets more and more "real" to me all the time!  I love being able to feel him kick with my hand and not just from the inside.  It doesn't happen all the time yet but I've felt him a few times.  One of these days Wayne will feel him too but as of right now Ty stops moving when Wayne touches my belly.  Let's hope he has the same calming effect on Ty once he's here on the outside, especially at say 2AM-ish!

26 Weeks with Case          26 Weeks with Ty
I had to actually crop about two feet of arm fat out of the Ty picture because I couldn't bring myself to post it otherwise.  I'm pretty sure my short sleeved shirt privileged should be revoked!  Enough arm fat talk... let's remember our focus is the growing baby belly :-)  I don't know if I had a bigger belly with Case or with Ty... it's hard to say since my shirt isn't laying flat... I think I need a redo in order to keep my variables to a minimum and make an informed decision on size!

No comments: