Wednesday, January 5, 2011

29 Weeks

This is my weekly pregnancy update. For details on the story behind these updates you can visit my first one here.

Pregnancy Play-by-play
 You guessed it... laundry issues (also known as "sheer laziness") again... I can't even tell you where the shirt is this week.

How Far Along: 29 Weeks

Size of baby: Baby J is the size of a squash.  15.2 to 16.7 inches long and 2.5 to 3.8 pounds

Total Weight Gain/Loss: + 10.5

Maternity Clothes: Maternity jeans and T-shirt, "The Suit(s)" or sweatpants and some maternity shirts... pretty much anything that I can get on without it looking like a spandex disaster straight out of the 80's.

Gender: BOY!!! Ty Athen???  Yes I'm still saying it with a question mark... again with the commitment issue!!  We've started calling him Ty in conversation now and he had his very own "T" ornament on the Christmas tree so I'm thinking it is confirmed.

Movement:  There were about two days where he seemed unusually still and I didn't feel very good.  I whipped out the doppler and made sure he was ok.  Heartbeat was fine and now he seems back to normal.  I would say the 7:00 PMish hour is his most active.  There is just nothing cooler than feeling him move.  It really makes me question these women that "didn't know" they were pregnant.  I mean seriously... how can you miss that feeling?  If I was feeling that and wasn't pregnant I'd be at the doctor explaining the fact that clearly ET is living inside of me.    Yes, I know there are things that can make you feel the baby less, like your placenta being in the front... mine is... I still feel him moving!

Sleep:  I'm still sleeping pretty well.  I feel like I'm just sleeping hard (if that makes sense) and having crazy dreams (I don't usually remember dreaming when I'm not pregnant) and it is like I wake up exhausted from all of that.  Does that even make sense???  Well I regained control of the pillows only to lose it again.  Wayne caught Case's cold, or Case caught Wayne's cold... I don't know which but I do know that both my boys have been sick most of this week.  I took them both to the doctor yesterday.  Wayne seems to be improving but Case has an ear infection and questionable snot... whatever that means.  If the fact that it covers him from head to toe right now is what makes it questionable then... agreed!  It is questionable indeed!  Somehow Case has continued sleeping well even through this terrible cough but I wake up a lot to listen to him and to check for fevers and to spend hours debating on whether to wake him up and give him Motrin or Benedryl.  It's a crazy world inside my head at 3AM (well, probably most other times of the day too).  

Cravings: I just read last weeks post about Jimmy John's.  I haven't had it since then but it sure does sound good right now!  My new craving... NUTELLA!!!!  Can I just say this is the most amazing spreadable deliciousness that my taste buds have ever encountered!  I feel as though everything should be dipped or spread with Nutella!  What an amazing concoction that some genius out there created!

Symptoms: Nothing really... this is the easy part!  Wayne would probably like to start his own blog listing the various symptoms but this is mine and I say there are none:-)  

Best moment this week:  Gonna have to share a few with you...
1.  Hearing the baby's heartbeat at my 2 WEEK (yes, I can't even believe I've made it to the every 2 week mark already) appointment.  
2.  Passing my Glucose test despite my pizza and brownie binge the night before.
3.  Wayne feeling the baby move... FINALLY!  You know he might be one of those didn't know he was pregnant women because somehow he could touch my stomach when Ty was moving and not feel it.  I was starting to question whether he actually had sensation in both of his hands.  All is well now and he has declared that he does believe now that I am in fact pregnant... and only 29 weeks in... good job honey!:-)  
4.  Starting the daunting task of organizing baby clothes!!!!  I've been working on this post throughout the day and I think I'd like to move this to the "NOT the best moment" section... It is so much harder time consuming than I thought it was going to be.  I am grateful to have a baby to plan for though!!!
5.  Taking LOTS of naps while Wayne was home... granted he was sick for most of it but somehow that felt like permission for me to nap whenever Case did.  
6.  Finding out that my OB has a new 4-D ultrasound machine!!!  I will get to partake in about 3.5 weeks!

So I'm nearing the 30 week mark.  That freaks me out a little.  I feel like I want to fast forward through the first 21 weeks and then I really start to enjoy the pregnancy but I get a little panicky again around the 30 week mark.  I guess it's that whole "this is really going to happen very soon and I don't feel the least bit prepared" mentality that takes over at 30 weeks and all of a sudden I feel the uncontrollable desire to organize things and nap.  Gotta be prepared and build up my sleep account! Good thing I'm much more responsible with my "sleep account" than I am with my bank account!

It's January 5th and I haven't done a New Year post yet.  I have started one several times but nothing worth sharing makes it from my head to the keyboard.  Maybe I'll just have a late New Years post or perhaps I'll pretend we haven't even started another new year already!

No comments: