Wednesday, January 12, 2011

30 Weeks

This is my weekly pregnancy update. For details on the story behind these updates you can visit my first one here.

Pregnancy Play-by-play
30 weeks?!?!?  This freaks me out!  I guess it's because after the 30's the baby is here... there will be nothing left to count.  I don't know how this has happened so fast!  I'm going to try to maintain my composure for the next 10 (probably more likely 9) weeks as I spend a lot of time praying that God would mentally and physically prepare me for the newest addition to our family.
Please note that my weekly outfit is back!  I did about 450 loads of laundry yesterday and finally came across my shirt.  I actually had ALL of my laundry totally complete and then the end of the day came and the feeling of accomplishment that I had from looking at those empty laundry baskets is now gone.  

How Far Along: 30 Weeks

Size of baby: Baby J is the size of a squash.  15.2 to 16.7 inches long and 2.5 to 3.8 pounds

Total Weight Gain/Loss: + 11.5 - Darn those Dutch Cocoa Archway cookies they had on clearance for 75 cents!

Maternity Clothes: Maternity jeans and T-shirt, "The Suit(s)" or sweatpants and some maternity shirts... pretty much anything that I can get on without it looking like a spandex disaster straight out of the 80's.

Gender: BOY!!! Ty Athen!  Notice I've removed the question marks.  This does NOT change the fact that I reserve the right to totally change my mind while I'm in the drunken hormonal stupor that is post-partum but assuming my husband maintains control I believe this is for sure his name.  

Movement:  I have felt some stronger full-body movements from him when I lay in bed.  Wayne has even felt some of them.  I love to watch his face... his eyes get HUGE and he ALWAYS says "Was that him?!".  No honey, that was the alien living next door to him inside my uterus:-)  It isn't an apartment complex in there!  He makes me giggle!

Sleep:  I sleep pretty well at night.  Naps always seem like such a good idea and then I lay down but don't really sleep.  I guess I probably doze in and out but I never really sleep well during a nap right now.  It sure doesn't stop me from trying though!

Cravings: Let's see... well there was the midnight stop at Meijer for Ben and Jerry's over the weekend.  No the Ben and Jerry's was NOT for the pregnant lady but for the pregnant lady's husband.  No it wasn't the husband doing the ice cream run it was me.  What's wrong with that picture?!?!  I actually volunteered because I was on my way home from a VERY fun mom's night out (shout out to Sarah and Sarah... thanks for a great night!) and I offered to stop.  When I got home and delivered the ice cream to my husband in bed all was well until I asked for a bite... and then another... and then another.  I'm pretty sure I ended up eating more of it than he did.  I eventually told him to get it away from me because I would have had NO problem at all finishing that pint of Fudge Brownie Ben and Jerrys!

Symptoms: Nothing really... this is the easy part!  Wayne would probably like to start his own blog listing the various symptoms but this is mine and I say there are none:-)  

Best moment this week:  I think the best moments this week would involve the progress we've made in the nursery.  It's not nearly done but we're getting there.  Wayne helped with getting Case's and Ty's closets cleaned out this weekend and A LOT of stuff made it's way to our bedroom from there.  It has kind of ended up being an entire upstairs overhaul.  There have been moments when I felt like I was on an episode of Hoarders with the amount of stuff piled all around me.  Case has kind of been going through agility training all week trying to maneuver around it all.  Let's hope that happens before Ty makes his appearance!

No comments: