Wednesday, January 19, 2011

31 Weeks

This is my weekly pregnancy update. For details on the story behind these updates you can visit my first one here.

Pregnancy Play-by-play
So I'm no longer 30 weeks... I'm actually into the 30's now.  It seems SO crazy to me that in about 8 more weeks I'm going to have another child not living inside of me but in the bassinet next to me.  In 8 more weeks Case isn't going to be the only little boy in this house.  In 8 more weeks I will no longer be sleeping.  In 8 more weeks I hope that I will be loving the snuggle time with the newest member of our family that I'm going to fall in love with just like I have with Case.  In 8 more weeks I hope that I'm not totally off my rocker like I was with Case.  In the event that I am, I will probably disappear to a padded room somewhere until I get past it but not to worry, with God's grace I will be back.
How Far Along: 31 Weeks

Size of baby: Baby J is the size of a squash.  15.2 to 16.7 inches long and 2.5 to 3.8 pounds

Total Weight Gain/Loss: + 11

Maternity Clothes: Maternity jeans and T-shirt, "The Suit(s)" or sweatpants and some maternity shirts... pretty much anything that I can get on without it looking like a spandex disaster straight out of the 80's.

Gender: BOY!!! Ty Athen!  Notice I've removed the question marks.  This does NOT change the fact that I reserve the right to totally change my mind while I'm in the drunken hormonal stupor that is post-partum but assuming my husband maintains control I believe this is for sure his name.  

Movement:  Lots of defined movements.  I LOVE feeling a baby move inside of me.  Selfishly, I am grateful that women get to carry the babies because I'd hate to miss this feeling.  I enjoy trying to figure out what position Ty is in based on the movements I feel.  There's just nothing in the world like feeling a baby move inside you!!!  Nothing!

Sleep:  Sleep... what can I say about this?  I have to make my bed in the morning to avoid the temptation to nap because if I nap I don't sleep well at night.  If I don't nap I'm ready for bed at about 7ish.  No I don't go to bed then but the feeling is there.  I sleep well some nights and some nights I don't.  The constant peeing plays a huge role in my sleep.  I sort of feel like I should have gotten a raise when I made the decision to work from home because 100% of my toilet paper usage is coming out of my pocket now!  Sometimes I feel like I am working just to pay for toilet paper.  Seriously... how many times can I pee in one 24 hour period???  I just bought the equivalent of 72 rolls of toilet paper and all I can think when I look at that mammoth stack of rolls is that it will be gone in no time.  I really think I have a case if I was to present to my company the amount of money I am saving them in toilet paper by working from home.  I need to be reimbursed and it needs to be retroactive!  

Now lets talk about WHY I pee all of the time.  Apparently my uterus is similar to that of a Moonwalk or Bounce House depending on what you call those giant blow up jumpy things.  My bouncy uterus makes up the walls of my interior Bounce House and my bladder makes up the floor.  I can almost hear Ty giggle every time I feel him jump on my bladder.  Case did the same thing.  Too bad you don't remember being inutero because I'm guessing these boys would one day be swapping stories about triple lutzes, backflips and McTwists (this is a real skateboarding term... I looked it up:-) all with the cushion of mommy's bladder to catch them.  They are like my miniature little Tony Hawk's in there.  

Cravings: ICE CREAM!!!!!!!!!!!! (I'm partial to Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie:-)

Symptoms: Nothing really... wait how can I say nothing really when I am peeing just about every 15 minutes on the dot?!?!?  I'm pretty sure this counts as a symptom!  Please don't misinterpret this as a complaint though... I still LOVE being pregnant even with the small fortune I've spent on Angel Soft!

Best moment this week:  Being able to watch my belly move with Ty's kicks, jumps, punches, triple back handsprings, or whatever you want to call them and then seeing Wayne's face when he sees or feels my belly move.  

No comments: