Wednesday, January 26, 2011

32 Weeks

This is my weekly pregnancy update. For details on the story behind these updates you can visit my first one here.

Pregnancy Play-by-play

How Far Along: 32 Weeks

Size of baby: Baby J is the size of a squash.  15.2 to 16.7 inches long and 2.5 to 3.8 pounds

Total Weight Gain/Loss: + 14 (I hope the baby hit a 3 pound growth spurt this week and that it wasn't me!)

Maternity Clothes: Alright ya'll... my maternity wardrobe got a HUGE boost this week!  Shout out to Lyndsay for sharing with me!!!  I now have so many options I don't even know what to do with myself.!  It actually took me two days to go through the tub of clothes she shared with me so I could decide what fit, what didn't, and what should go nowhere near my body.  Anyway I now have such a huge selection of clothes to wear!  YAY!!!  

Gender: BOY!!! Ty Athen!  Notice I've removed the question marks.  This does NOT change the fact that I reserve the right to totally change my mind while I'm in the drunken hormonal stupor that is post-partum but assuming my husband maintains control I believe this is for sure his name.  

Movement:   Ty was unusually quiet on Sunday.  I was worried but I thought I'd feel him more when I laid down.  I ate a cupcake, just for movement prompting of course, and drank a big glass of milk and he still didn't really move much.  So at 10:00 at night I made Wayne get out of bed and whip out the doppler.  Of course as soon as the doppler was on my belly Ty started moving.  He either really likes or really dislikes the doppler, I'm not sure which.  At any rate he became active again and I felt better.  Since then he's been pretty active.  

Sleep:  I'm still sleeping pretty well.  It is still pretty rough sleep though.  I don't know what it is but I feel like I ran a marathon when I wake up, or at least what I IMAGINE running a marathon feels like... I'm pretty sure I'll never be capable or crazy enough to actually run one to truly know though.  I'm just grateful that I am still sleeping so I'll take it! I am still trying to be disciplined enough to make my bed in the morning so that I'm not so tempted to nap.  

Cravings: I still have the ice cream craving going on but I would say my chocolate cupcakes with pink vanilla icing pretty much took over my diet this week.  This might help explain the 3 pound weight gain huh?

Symptoms: I keep saying I don't really have any symptoms but then I talk about the sheer insanity of the peeing that takes place and there's also my sense of smell.  I'm pretty sure it is of "super power" strength.  I should probably give myself a new super hero name... Super Smeller... no that's no good it just sounds like I stink then... hmmm... I need to work on that.  My sense of smell is pretty intense.  I'm thinking about offering my services to the local police department.  I'm pretty sure those drug sniffing dogs have nothing on me.  Perhaps I could contract my sense of smell out for when one of the dogs needs a vacation or a personal day.  

Best moment this week:  Making more progress in Ty's room.  I whipped out the sewing machine again this week.  I actually hemmed a pair of Case's lined swishy pants and I don't think they look too bad.  This was a HUGE feat for me because I've stared at those pants since Christmas wondering what to do with them (it was a complete outfit but was mismatched with 2T pants and 18M shirt but I had already washed them before I realized it).  I felt such a sense of accomplishment that I decided to take on the curtains in Ty's room. With help from Sarah, my sewing mentor, on a few occasions I have finally gotten them underway.  Pictures to come when the curtains are complete and assuming they are still hangable once I'm done with them.

Sidenote: Tomorrow is my 4D ultrasound.  I am SO excited and a little nervous.  With Case I had ultrasounds anytime I wanted them.  This time I've tried to just keep my faith in God and know that He is in control.  I've done pretty well and have not had an ultrasound since the regularly scheduled one at 20ish weeks.  This will be my last ultrasound, assuming everything is ok, until we meet Baby Ty.  They have a new machine, which is very exciting!  They only had a 3D machine when I was there with Case.  I'm hoping Baby Ty cooperates and lets us get a good look at him but I'm even more hopeful that he looks perfectly healthy.  I'm also excited to see Brandi, the world's best ultrasound tech!  

No comments: