Sunday, June 26, 2011

Ty - Three Months Old

Yes, I realize he is actually 3 months and 2 weeks now but I did actually start this post on time, I just couldn't get it done until now!  Oh the life of a busy mom!
!


Dear Ty,
Wow!  We're already 3 months into your life!  This is SO hard to believe.  I thought time went so fast with Case but it seems to be going even faster with you!  You are at one of my favorite ages now!  You smile so much and you are tracking me more and more.  You are still such a laid back kid, except when I've missed getting you to sleep in the small window of time that you give me between "I'm getting sleepy" and "I'm screaming so you can just forget it!"  During those times there is some MAJOR crying but those are really the only times so I'm not complaining!

Sleep
You are doing really well with sleeping these days.  We usually put you to bed after your last bottle, which is somewhere between 8:00 and 9:30, and then you sleep until 4:30 (sometimes even until 5:30).  Then you go back to sleep and wake up around 7ish.  This morning you had a little trouble falling back asleep and ended up rolling to your back and watching your mobile until you fell asleep, which is how you are still asleep right now and how mommy is able to work on this post (it's nearly 8!).  That is SO unusual for you but not that you're getting more and more control with rolling I guess you will decide how you want to sleep on any given day.
mid roll... notice your tongue hanging out of your mouth...
just like Daddy!
Eating
You are still eating 5 ounces about 6 times a day.  You are kind of a finicky eater in the morning, like you can't decide if you want to eat it or you don't.  You eat the best during your nightime feedings!  I keep thinking you're going to move up on the number of ounces you eat but so far you seem content.  


Clothes
You are wearing 6-9 month clothes for the  most part now.  Yes son, that is correct, you are 3 months old but wearing the clothes of a 6-9 month old!  Your brother was the same way!  I guess this confirms that you are doing ok in the eating department and I probably shouldn't worry about it!

Play
You LOVE to have someone play with you!  I think watching faces is still your favorite "toy".  Case is starting to make you smile more and more.  You love to watch him!  It makes my heart just about burst with joy when I see you just smiling at your brother.  On Wednesday morning I saw the first glimpse of you guys really being brothers.  I had you sitting on the couch and Case climbed up next to you, held your hand and sat and watched TV for a few minutes.  I even got a couple pictures, although they don't quite capture how cute this really was!

You still like to just lay on the floor and you are SO laid back most of the time.  You are starting to bat at things with your hands.  You have a toy you lay under at Grandma's that has a beach ball that hangs from it and I think it is your favorite toy to bat at.  You also LOVE the bear that hangs from your car seat.  It cracks me up to watch you with him because you have a VERY serious look on your face and you are just talking away.  If only I knew what you were saying to that bear because he seems to be in trouble a LOT!  I also enjoy listening to you talking to him while I'm driving.  You are SO funny!!!  Your brother still can't stand to not be under the activity gym with you.  I'm not sure who likes it more... you or him!


New Things
You are now able to sit in your Bumbo seat.
You don't last too long and your body starts to slump to the left but you can sit in it for a little bit.  It makes you look SO big!  You are also rolling from your belly to your back pretty consistently now and you're getting SO close to rolling from back to belly but you always get stuck on your side.  You've had your first bad cold and I think you are starting to get over it now.  You haven't had a fever but you've been so congested and it sounds like you are hacking up a lung when you cough... you really should cut down on the smoking:)

Ty, Mommy loves you SO much!!!  Thank you for all the smiles!!!
Love, 
Mommy

1 comment:

Sara said...

I love watching him grow! Thankful for you and your boys!