Tuesday, March 15, 2011

39 Weeks

This is my weekly pregnancy update. For details on the story behind these updates you can visit my first one here.

Pregnancy Play-by-play

How Far Along: 39 Weeks   Good job Baby Ty... you've made it to "full term"!  

Size of baby: Baby Ty is supposed to be the size of a watermelon now but he has made it clear that those are only averages and he is NOT sticking with them.  I don't really have any guesses at this point on how big he is.  I'm going to guess 8 pounds 1 ounce will be his birth weight.  Wayne's guess is 8 pounds 5 ounces.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: + 20  Well either my scale just won't go any higher or I didn't gain any weight this week.  

Maternity Clothes: The suit and all maternity clothes and a few T-shirts oh and all my jammies are regular... that's an accomplishment right?

Gender: BOY!!! Ty Athen!   

Movement:   Ty's movement just depends on the day and the time of day.  Definitely evenings are his more active time.  I still sit in awe and watch my belly move when he is at his most active.  I could watch for hours! This is something I'm going to miss in a couple of days!  I LOVE feeling him move!

Sleep:  Just depends on the night and on what I go to bed thinking about.  Let's just say two nights ago I got a lot of work done but last night I slept great!

Cravings: ICE!!!!!  Yep, still loving it!  Pretty sure this pregnancy is going to be followed by a lengthy lecture from my dentist!

Symptoms:  I'm getting more tired more easily, I pee pretty much all day/night long, I still have the super smeller, and I can cry about just about anything... yep... I'm pregnant.

Best moment this week:  Date night out with Wayne (I only cried once in the middle of dinner so it was pretty much a success:-)  My parents stayed with Case and we got to go out shopping and to Carraba's for dinner.  It was really nice!  I love my husband.  He's so patient with me and and he totally gets me.  It has also been fun to speculate with Wayne on who Ty will be.  We are both getting very excited to meet him (good thing since that is going to happen in two days)!

Update on Case...  He still has his cold.  We had to miss storytime yesterday, which probably bummed me out more than him.  I can't really explain Case right now.  He's been a totally different kid for the last week.  I wish I knew what was wrong with him.  I don't know if kids are like dogs and can sense things or what but the laid back kid that dentist talked about is NO WHERE to be found right now.  He has taken on this totally defiant behavior with stuff he KNOWS he isn't supposed to do and he seems rather proud of himself as he looks us in the eye and does it anyways.  He's also started screaming for no apparent reason and is VERY clingy to me.  Naps are off or not happening and sleeping at night is very interrupted for him (although I'm grateful that these sleep interruptions for him don't come in the form of screaming).  For me it has been really hard because I can't seem to do anything to help him get back to "normal" and I guess putting the blame on that dentist because that's when all this started isn't really helping anything.  I just keep praying that God will help him through whatever he is going through and that He will give me comfort in knowing that something is wrong and yet I still have to leave him for 3 days.  Prayers are VERY much appreciated!!!

Update on the update on Case... I took him to the doctor today.  We had to wait longer than usual and he was a MESS (I'd rather not talk about the fact that I got about 1 sentence out to the pediatrician before I was crying too... I guess it is more accurate to say WE are a MESS).  Anyways, his ears look fine and his chest sounds fine; however his nose is a "mess".  He said it would probably be best if Case didn't go to the hospital if he isn't better by then.  He explained that if Baby Ty was to catch this it would mean hospitalization for him. I want to do what is best for both of my boys but man it is going to be VERY hard to me to leave here on Thursday knowing that I might not get to see Case for 3 days and knowing he isn't feeling good on top of that.  This momma has been kind of a disaster today and totally consumed by this.  I started to feel a little better when Wayne was playing with Case tonight, which usually means Case is upside down at some point, and he noticed that there is a molar that is starting to pop through on the top.  I feel like this could explain a lot of Case's behavior.  So molars, a cold, and a new baby brother all in one week... let's hope this is a week Case DOESN'T remember!

I will try to keep everyone posted on Thursday via the blog and Facebook!  Thank you to everyone who has been there for us throughout this pregnancy!!!!  We are truly blessed!


Someone please tell me they just forgot to include the number of weeks below!!!!


Pregnancy Tickers


No comments: