Wednesday, March 9, 2011

38 Weeks

This is my weekly pregnancy update. For details on the story behind these updates you can visit my first one here.

Pregnancy Play-by-play
I couldn't find my typical shirt so you get
my second favorite :)
How Far Along: 38 Weeks   Good job Baby Ty... you've made it to "full term"!  

Size of baby: Baby Ty is supposed to be the size of a watermelon now but he has made it clear that those are only averages and he is NOT sticking with them.  I don't really have any guesses at this point on how big he is.  I guess we'll see in 8 days!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: + 20  I'm sure glad I only have to weigh in one more time because this continues to get more and more depressing!

Maternity Clothes: The suit and all maternity clothes, with the exception of a few shirts that still fit (at least I think they do... if you see me out and my shirt is looking more like a leotard than a shirt please be a true friend and tell me so that I can pack it away until the belly allows).

Gender: BOY!!! Ty Athen!   

Movement:   Ty's movement just depends on the day and the time of day.  Definitely evenings are his more active time.  I still sit in awe and watch my belly move when he is at his most active.  I could watch for hours! He's continued to stay more active than he has the past several weeks.  I LOVE feeling him move!  I'm beginning to think he is really long.    

Sleep:  Sleep is actually a lot better than it was.  We have a pillowtop mattress and 2" foam pad on top of that.  My parents got a new bed and handed down their 3" foam pad to us.  We now have 5" of foam padding on top of our mattress.  Overkill?  I think not!  It really seems to have made a huge difference in the amount of sleep I'm getting.  

Cravings: ICE!!!!!  Yep, still loving it!

Symptoms:  I'm getting more tired more easily, I pee pretty much all day/night long, I still have the super smeller, and I can cry about just about anything... yep... I'm pregnant.

Best moment this week:  Feeling Ty moving more and more and trying to picture how big he must be because I feel him up so high and down so low all at the same time.  Oh it was also quite entertaining when I wasn't sure if what I was feeling were contractions or not on Saturday and Wayne was running around the house like a madman packing "the bag".  I kept trying to tell him if it was really labor they would hurt but he insisted that the bag be packed.  I'm glad one of us is organized.

One prayer request... Case woke up with a pretty good cold today.  Please pray that he heals quickly and keeps his germs to himself.  I don't think I could handle having this baby without Daddy being allowed to be there or without seeing Case at the hospital.  I guess if I'm the one with the cold the hospital would just have to deal with it but I sure don't want to get Ty sick!

I guess I better try to be on time with my next post, otherwise there won't be one!  


Pregnancy Tickers


No comments: