Sunday, October 11, 2009

Not in a Hurry

I can't figure it out. It seems like most people get to this point in a pregnancy and can't wait to have their baby. I'm still LOVING being pregnant. I still have my moments of worry but I know those aren't going to magically disappear after Case is born. I know there are just as many, if not many more, terrible things that can happen once he's here. On the outside, he isn't safe under my care at every second. Right now I still feel so good. I can only attribute that to God giving me the gift of an easy and comfortable pregnancy. Everyday I get to look down and see my belly, which oddly enough I love more today than when I'm not pregnant. I guess it's because there's a reason it's big right now and there's no excuse the other times. I get to feel Case move around inside of me. I can't even explain that feeling! It is quite possibly the most amazing thing I've ever felt. It has been fun to watch him change just in how he moves. Earlier in the pregnancy it felt different than it does now. Now it is almost like I can picture him moving inside me now. It is just such a fantastic feeling. I sometimes feel guilty that Wayne doesn't get to feel what I'm feeling, of course if you ask him he'd probably say he does because I constantly put his hand on my belly to feel him. Wayne's a good sport...he always plays along.

Tomorrow I will find out if I have made anymore progress. I'm anxious to see if my body is doing what it is supposed to do on its own. There are so many unknowns at this point. The controlling planner inside of me wants to have a date on the calendar that tells me what date Case will be born but my faith tells me I just need to trust God. I will be done working on Friday and I'm hoping there will be at least a few days to get the last minute things done before his arrival. Time will tell but I'm not in a hurry.

No comments: