Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Ty - Two Months Old


Dear Ty,
You are two months old today!  I think this is going faster than it did with your brother if that is possible.  We don't have your 2 month visit until the 26th of this month so I'll have to update your stats then.  So much happens in a week though so I didn't want to wait to post.  

Coming soon, your stats... (updated 5/26/11)
Weight:  13 pounds 13 ounces (78th percentile)
Length:  24 inches (82nd percentile)
Head Circumference: 41.5 centimeters (96th percentile)


Sleep:  Yes, please!  You aren't doing too bad with sleeping.  You are definitely getting better!  I would say 5 out of 7 nights you will do one long 6 to 7 hour stretch between feedings.  The other nights you don't seem to make it past 3 or maybe 4.  I prefer those 5 nights... just putting that out there in case you'd like to take that behavior up full-time!  You still nap A LOT too!  Sometimes I think I should just wake you up to hopefully help with the night sleeping but I usually just let you sleep.  You take a pretty good nap between most feedings throughout the day still... I'm sure these days are numbered!  

I actually moved you to your crib on 5/2/11 but that was short lived because you caught a cold and you've yet to kick it.  You are SUPER congested and need to sleep upright so you, like your brother, have become very comfy sleeping in the swing. 
 
If you ever get to the other side of this congestion I'm want to get you back in your crib but I dread it a little because I don't think you'll sleep nearly as well... at least not at first.  So this lucky mom gets to transition you to your crib not once but twice!  

Eating:  You are still eating 5 ounces at each feeding.  On a rare occasion you might need an extra ounce or eat a little less but 5 ounces is your norm right now.  We still have you on Similac for gas and fussiness, mostly because that's what we bought a bunch of.  Maybe we'll try regular again once we run out.  You are a gassy little boy though!  I often call you Tootie!

Clothes:  You are pretty much into 3-6 months clothes now.  It seems so strange that I've already packed newborn stuff up!  It seems like I just got it out!  There are a few 0-3 month outfits that I've continued stuffing you into, mostly because you hadn't even worn them yet.  I know, I know... I'm such a good mom!  I had to snap a picture of you and your brother in this outfit because they are two of my favorites but you were both equally uncomfortable and out of room in them!

They are sort of capri rompers at this point but still cute!
Someday maybe I'll actually get BOTH of you smiling AND
looking at the camera 
A comparison with your brother... you seem to be starting
to take on your own look now I think.
Play:  You still like the activity gym and your brother still thinks he needs to help you play in it by shaking it with all his might.   
Look at your brother's face... it's the "yea I know I'm not supposed
to do what I'm about to do but I think I'm gonna do it anyway" face
Let the shaking begin!   Sorry Ty... I know I should have put the
camera down when I saw that look in his eye but I thought maybe
you'd like to have evidence of all the mean things your brother
did to you for evidence later.
 You LOVE Case's activity bar.  The funny part about that toy is it grows with you so it has been set up like a desk in Case's room.  It's sort of weird to have a need for both extremes of that toy but that's mommyhood with 2 under 2 for ya!  

 New Things:  You are starting to track us with your eyes.  This makes me happy because that whole crossed eye thing seems to be completely or almost better now that you're tracking.  You still have the goopy stuff going on... I'm not optimistic that it will be going away without intervention. You hate tummy time but apparently not quite as much as your brother did because you haven't figured out how to roll out of it just yet.

I love your sweet little face!
Thank you for the past two months little man!  Daddy and I love you SO much!  We can't wait to see who you become but there's no rush... in the meantime just keep those sweet whole face smiles coming!  

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Hi Bev, it's Danielle that is coming to meet you for your stroller. Your family is gorgeous! I'm sorry for the loss of your twins and the other pregnancies. Hugs, momma.