Friday, May 27, 2011

Show us Your Life - Desserts

I've never joined in on "Show Us Your Life" at Kelly's Korner but when I saw desserts as the topic I HAD to participate!  If you need a new dessert recipe head on over there because TONS of people have participated!!

Fruit 'n Brownie Kabobs
This recipe can easily be adapted to include so many different ingredients but I'm pretty sure the highlight will always be the brownie pieces!!!  I think this is a perfect summertime recipe!

Ingredients:

  • 1 box brownie mix, prepared
  • 4 cups fresh pineapple chunks
  • 5 cups halved fresh strawberries (whole strawberries make great tops and bottoms to the kabobs)
  • 10 large bananas
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine
  • 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
  • 21 bamboo skewer sticks (10 or 12 inches)
Directions:
  1. Prepare brownie mix following directions on the box.  Let cool completely and cut into 1.25 inch squares.
  2. Line cookie sheets with waxed paper.  Alternately, thread 3 brownie squares, 2 pineapple chunks, 2 strawberry halves and 2 banana slices on each skewer.  Place kabobs on waxed paper.  You can change this up however you want to!
  3. In small bowl microwave chocolate chips and butter uncovered on high for 1 to 2 minutes (I think I only left mine in for 45 seconds).  Stir until chocolate is totally melted.  Drizzle over kabobs.

No comments: