Monday, December 22, 2008

Gift Exchange

I have met an incredible group of women on iVillage. There is a forum there for people who have endured the stillbirth of a child. I find great comfort in having a place to go where everyone understands what I'm feeling or at least doesn't think I'm completely off my rocker. We are all at different stages of the grieving process, which is helpful too. We talk a lot about where we've been and where we're headed. These women have become an important part of my life. There is no doubt in my mind that God led me to this place where I can find comfort and hope.

Christmas is difficult for all of us for obvious reasons. Christmas is a time to be with your family and the ones you love but for us our picture is incomplete. We are all missing a part of ourselves this Christmas. One of the moms came up with the idea to do a gift exchange in memory of our babies (Thanks Sara!). It was a fantastic idea and was so much fun to do. The rule was it needed to be something homemade. Needless to say this was right up my alley...I'll never pretend to be good at doing "homemade" but I definitely enjoy it!

So here are some of the gifts I've received so far...

I've received many other gifts too but these were the ones hanging on my Christmas tree. I want to thank all of the girls that participated. It meant the world to me to receive each and every gift. I got so excited every time I saw a package in the mailbox. Thank you for the gifts and more importantly for the friendships! You girls are the best!

No comments: