Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas Blogger Friends!  Here's a look at a picture of our Christmas Card... probably not the best way to share it, and our Christmas letter.  I pray this day is a wonderful reminder of all that our Lord and Savior has done for us!



Dear Friends and Family,
Whew!  What a year!  A lot has happened in the past 12 months.  I’m happy to say that the biggest change is that I’m writing this letter from our new house.  We got word that our house had officially sold the day after Christmas last year and so we packed our first box and a month later we were all moved into my parent’s house.  They had no idea what hit them.  Grandkids aren’t nearly as cute and charming when they don’t go home at the end of the day.

We stayed with them for 6 months, while we looked at probably 50 houses (I’m not exaggerating… I’m sure my realtor would love to confirm this number for you).  Three offers later we finally landed in our own home again.  There is no doubt that God taught us a lot of patience over 6 months of searching and that He provided this house for us.  We are right where He wants us to be and we couldn't be happier!  We are now living in Brownsburg (Indianapolis address, Brownsburg schools) in a house where we no longer feel claustrophobic.  Wayne and the boys love all the space and, while at first it took some getting used to for me, I have grown to love it too.  I’m happy to report that the police only frequent this neighborhood because several of them live here and I’ve yet to see the SWAT team on any roofs; so all in all I’d say we’re in a much better neighborhood.  

I’m still working for PRN from home one day a week only now I get to offload my kids to my parents so I can actually focus for more than 30 seconds at a time.  I’m blessed with this work opportunity and with my parents being so willing to help.  My friend and I have also started a little craft business called Naptime Production.  We make mostly baby gifts.  We've done a couple craft shows now but are selling most of our stuff on Facebook and Etsy.  It’s been a lot of fun and definitely given me something to do with all my spare time (HA, HA)!  Wayne is still working for Case New Holland and stays busy with projects around the house (he’s become quite the handyman), being an awesome dad and serving at church. 

Case turned three on Halloween.  I’m not sure where those last three years went.  He’s SO much fun and definitely keeps us laughing.  I’m happy to report he is fully potty-trained now (I’m not sure if that should be part of our Christmas letter but to only have one kid in diapers totally seems news worthy to me).  Grandma and Grandpa got him a drum set for his birthday, Wayne is pretty sure this is punishment for the 6 months we mooched off of them.  He loves it and might actually have some rhythm.  He’s a very physical kid and isn’t afraid to jump off of or onto anything.  This isn't a great quality in a house on a slab with mostly hardwood floors on the first floor and this is also how we found ourselves with him in the ER with a skull fracture, followed by an ambulance ride to Riley where they kept him overnight for observation.  This was a super scary day/night for us but through 6 weeks of having strict instructions to “keep both feet on the ground” God protected him.  He’s fine now and has learned jumping on the couch might not be the best idea, not that it’s prevented it completely. 

Ty is a mini Case.  Whatever Case does Ty does (this includes jumping on the couch but he’s managed to avoid skull fractures thus far).   He will be 2 in March and is such a sweet little boy.  He’s always giving hugs and kisses and wants to be tickled.  For as similar as the boys are they definitely are their own people too.  They are constant reminders of how richly God has blessed our family. 

We went on a great trip to Disney World in September with my parents, and my brother’s family.  It was so much fun seeing the boys’ faces and there wasn't a ride they didn't want to get on, however there were several they weren't tall enough for yet (that didn't stop us from trying on a couple).  I liken a trip to Disney World with three kids under three years old with giving birth.   You only remember the good parts and not the sweating, crying, lines, and disastrous plane rides, which is the only reason we would love to go back someday. 

While many blessings came out of this year I’m hoping the New Year is a little less eventful.  I pray that your year has been a good one and that even better things are to come in the next one! 

No comments: