Thursday, October 20, 2011

Court's Baby Shower

My mom and I threw a baby shower for my sister-in-law.  Her and my brother are expecting their baby girl this weekend.  Needless to say we are SUPER excited!  I am also thrilled to have some team pink to buy for!  The name is down to two so I've combined them and I call her Slolly (Molly or Sloane).

We had it at Trader's Point Christian Church (for all you local people it is a great deal and the facility is awesome).  
 A look at the room... it was plenty big!

I always think "oh it will be cheaper if we just make that... (just fill in the blank with anything vaguely crafty)."  Not so... but it is more fun!  I had a blast working on all the decorations with my mom.  
onsie banner

This was my first attempt at a diaper cake.  I found a great tutorial here.  I love how she does this because the diapers aren't rolled and rubber banded.  They are just laid in the cake.  I think they look nicer and the recipient doesn't have to unwrap each diaper along the way.  No matter how you do it I don't think there is a mom out there that isn't happy to receive free diapers!  So the longer I look at this picture the more I think I shouldn't include it.  It looks like it might fall over or something.  Well I did say this was my first attempt and perhaps a nearly life size Minnie Mouse wasn't the best idea for a topper.  Again... let's just focus on the free diapers! :-)

These are burp cloth bouquets, which was an idea I found here.  She has a tutorial posted now... before it was just a picture so I was on my own... needless to say she had some tricks that made it easier than the way I did them.  


No shower is complete without good food!  I used a lot of Tastefully Simple stuff.  Everything, especially the beer bread, turned out pretty good.



My cousin made the cake and cupcakes.  She's awesome!  You can see her other creations here.

Nothing brings people together quite like food and babies:)



My attempt at Mickey Mouse shaped rice krispy treats

playing the "guess which tv/movie mom is on your back" game

It was totally silent while they did the Disney word jumble!
Court
Yep, that sure does say "Trophy Playdate"

Court getting the Minnie Mouse outfit I had my friend's 
sister make for the baby.  Can't wait to see pictures 
of Slolly in this one!  Here's her Etsy shop... she's amazing!

It was such a fun time!  I am so happy for Court and Ben.  This has been a long road for them and I pray that sweet Slolly will be safely in their arms by the end of the weekend.  I can't wait to meet her!!!

No comments: