Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ty - One Month Old


This might be a more accurate depiction
of your first month (just kidding... kind of!)
Dear Ty,
I can't believe you are here, let alone the fact that you are already a month old!  I know we got off to a rough start... that's Mommy's fault, not yours.  Not to worry, life didn't start off easy with your brother either so you can rest assured that Mommy wasn't playing favorites!

We had your 1 month visit today (it was a little late because they wanted to schedule it so your brother could have his 18 month visit at the same time).  Here are your stats as off today...
Weight:  11 pounds 4 ounces (73rd percentile)
Length:  22 inches (21st  percentile)
Head Circumference:  39 cm (55th percentile)

You are sleeping as well as can be expected, however if you'd like to take up sleeping through the night you'll get no complaints from me!  You usually do one 4 hour stretch (that's from the start of one feeding to the start of the next feeding and it usually takes about an hour at each feeding so if you're keeping track that's only 3 hours of sleep) from about 8 to midnight and from there you are up every 2.5 to 3 hours.  Mommy and Daddy are SLEEPY!  I think you are still getting your days and nights figured out at this point.  You sleep on your belly (yes this is against all the rules but we have the Angelcare Monitor on you) in your bassinet in Mommy and Daddy's room.
 

 You started off eating about 2 ounces at each feeding and now you are up to 5 ounces.  I had to give up breastfeeding you when you got jaundiced and decided formula was easier and that I was welcome to breastfeed you as long as there was a formula chaser.  I had to give that up pretty quick because between you and your brother there just weren't enough hours in the day or hands on my body to keep up with multiple feeding methods.  

You smiled at me (no gas involved) for the first time on 4/21/11 when you were 5 weeks old.  I can't tell you what your smile does for me.  It makes everything easier... the night feedings, the crying, the diapers... all of it!  It makes me SO happy to see your perfect little smile, which by the way looks identical to your brother's smile.  While, we're on the subject, you should know that at this point you look just like your brother, minus the head full of dark hair.  Here's proof...


LOVE that smile!... I should have corrected those red eyes
before posting but I didn't get to it!!!

You seem to kind of like your activity gym when you can stay awake to "play" in it.  Your brother thinks you must need his help to make all those dangly things shake though... sorry about all those things flappy in your face thanks to him!

Here's something that was new to me... you have thrush.  That's super fun (Mommy is being sarcastic)!  You were on Nystatin for almost two weeks but that wasn't working so Fluconazole was next and that seems to be doing the trick however you are NOT a fan of it!

You also have the same goopy and watery eyes that your brother had.  I suppose you will eventually have to have the tubes put in your eyes as well.  I'll keep hoping you grow out of it though!  You might also have another reason to visit the pediatric ophthalmologist.  I have been worried about how much your eyes get crossed since you were born.  I know babies don't have a lot of control over their eyes when they are as young as you are and I think you're already doing SO much better than you were but the doctor agreed that it might be an issue down the road if it doesn't correct itself.  Here's a picture of your eyes when one gets really crossed... yes, I know you are probably going to hate me someday for posting this picture but it is part of your first month so I thought I needed to share.


It's funny... I expected you to be so much like your brother but you just aren't.  I feel like a brand new parent all over again!  I'm having so much fun learning new things about you every single day!  I love watching you and Case together and I pray that one day the two of you will be best of friends.  Daddy and I love you so much Ty and somehow that love grows more and more each day!!!

Love,
Mommy

No comments: