Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Taunting

The contents of the envelope are driving my husband and my mom completely crazy.  Now I was the type of kid that very carefully opened the edges of my Christmas presents and sealed them back up just because I couldn't wait to open them.  I got more in more sophisticated in my methods...my parents probably thought I stopped this at some point but I didn't.  I'm very impatient when it comes to surprises, or at least I used to be.  Maybe that's one of the things that changed in me when we lost Joshua and Caleb, I don't know.  At any rate the envelope didn't bother me at all.  Now it is fun to watch them be taunted by it but I have no problem not opening it.  I guess for me I truly don't care what we are having.  If it wasn't for the planning aspect, I wouldn't have a problem waiting until the baby is here to find out but I am a planner.  Wayne is now convinced it's a boy and my mom is completely convinced it is a girl.  The "friendly" bantar is quite entertaining.  They are both constantly asking me if I have the envelope.  Well of course I do...I know I can't leave it lay around either of them:-)  

No comments: