Saturday, July 19, 2014

Knox's Nursery

It's time for some nursery pictures, which I'm pretty sure I said I would post a long time ago.  I am having trouble getting good pictures of it because I am photography challenged so these phone pictures will have to do.
before
This was Case's room until we moved him in with Ty.  I have no idea how I don't have a good picture of his room but this was it, just the painted room before we moved any of his furniture in.  He had a Case Tractor themed room.

And here's a look at Knox's nursery...





This was a red table used in Case's tractor room until I got carried away with spray paint.  




 My favorite part of the nursery!  I got the idea for this name sign here.  I don't know why I have always loved the idea of using diamond plating in a boys room but I never got around to it with Case's so we gave it a shot with Knox's room.  I love it and am grateful Daddy was willing to make it happen!

My first attempt at making crib sheets, which was much easier than I thought it would be.  I did look at just buying a crib sheet but couldn't find the right colors for a reasonable price.  I mean seriously, who pays $40 for a crib sheet?  I also kind of made this crib skirt but it's really just material placed together to look like a bed skirt so it's for sure not perfect.  I followed this tutorial for the crib sheets and this one for the crib skirt.   


 It turns out curtains are SUPER expensive as well so I bought cheap white curtains on ebay (about $30 for 4 panels) and added the orange and white material to them.  There are WAY cuter curtains out there but not at this price!



I did decide it was easier to buy a matching changing pad cover than take the time to learn to make one and buy at the material so I got this one at a cute Etsy shop here.  She customizes the colors for you and it matches perfectly.

So now we just need to insert Baby Knox and the room will be complete!  

No comments: