Wednesday, July 16, 2014

38 Weeks



How far along:  38 weeks

Size of baby:  Pumpkin, however we've established that you are not interested in averages and therefore I have no idea what fruit to compare you to.  
Average size: 18.9-20.9 inches, 6.2-9.2 lb.

Clothes:  Not loving anything that is tight on my belly at this point.  You don't seem to appreciate it either.   

Gender/Names:  Boy - Knox Haddon (names from John Knox and Charles Haddon Spurgeon)

Sleep:  I'm still sleeping well.  I had one pretty bad night the other night and wondered if it was a sign of things to come but got right back to sleeping well the following night so no complaints here!

Movement:  You're still moving, which is a good thing because I've been instructed to pretty much freak out if you stop.  Yes, in case you wondered that is VERY nerve wracking.  

Cravings:  I do love a chocolate chip muffin right now but I guess I pretty much always love a chocolate chip anything so again that probably isn't super newsworthy.     

Update:  So after my last ultrasound, which was last week, and another appointment with my doctor yesterday, we are back to you are small and there's no explanation.  My placenta looks normal on the ultrasound so that theory is out the window.  My doctor said, "I'm worried because I can't explain it."  Not my favorite thing to hear her say but I get it and I understand that it might mean absolutely nothing.  Everything about you looks totally normal except your size.  Now we just wait for your arrival and pray that you are okay!  God is good and His plan is perfect so I'm trying not to let the "what if's" enter my mind and take over.  I love you regardless so there is no sense in worrying about something that may or may not even be an issue.  Dr. Fenoughty has also predicted that you will make your appearance this weekend... just a feeling she has.  I don't think you'll come early.  One of us is right!  

Regardless of who is right, one week from today you will be here.  This pregnancy has gone so fast and I've truly enjoyed it.  I am already loving being your momma!  I LOVE being pregnant and although you've given us a few reasons to worry here and there I wouldn't change a thing.  You've gotten so big now that I feel like I can almost grab your hand (or foot, not sure which) through my stomach.  You're body parts are very defined no it seems.  You pretty much live on my right side and I sometimes think I can even feel you almost on my back.  I don't remember any of your brothers hanging out so far on the side.  Maybe that's why your small, you kept yourself cramped on one side and just ran out of room to grow.  I mean seriously... who wants to hang out of the left side?!?!  :-)  

I am excited to meet you and feel you sleeping on my chest.  I can't wait to see what you look like because I'm pretty sure you aren't going to be anything like your brothers.  I pray that you are happy and healthy and that you love being a part of our family because we all already love you!  See you soon Knox Haddon!

Love,
Mommy

P.S. Your brothers are getting really excited to meet you!  They both love to give you hugs!!!

No comments: