Wednesday, April 9, 2014

24 Weeks


How far along:  24 weeks

Size of baby:  a cantaloupe
 

Clothes:  Maternity jeans, workout pants (not because I've been busy working out), regular and some maternity shirts

Gender/Names:  Boy - Knox Haddon (names from John Knox and Charles Haddon Spurgeon).  I bought the letters for your name and ordered some of the parts to make your name plate so I hope we're sticking with this name!  

Sleep:  I'm sleeping pretty well as long as I don't end up on my back for too long.  Dr. Fenoughty gave me a z-pack and it worked wonders on what I'm assuming was a sinus infection.  The congestion went away and I'm back to smooth sailing!  

Movement:  Well, Knox, you have taken all doubt away.  Thank you!  I now KNOW that I am feeling you move very frequently.  When Daddy FINALLY got home on Friday he got to feel you kick too!  There is just NOTHING that compares to the extremely awesome feeling of a baby moving inside of you.  I feel SO blessed to get to be the momma that provides the place for you to grow before it's time to join the outside world.  I think you are more active than all the other boys at this stage in the pregnancy.  You seem to be pretty still after I fall asleep so in my head I am attributing this to the fact that you have already figured out night from day and you're going to come out an amazing sleeper.  If you could make sure all that holds true, it would be great!  

Cravings:  Yep, still pizza and coke and chocolate.  I'm ready to admit that I might be using this pregnancy as an excuse.  

Knox, we had a rough week last week.  Daddy was traveling for work and your brother, Ty, got the stomach bug.  I'm sure by now you know how I feel about the stomach bug.  It pretty much feels like the end of the world when it hits and to have it hit without Daddy here just about put me over the edge.  We are blessed though!  You have an AMAZING grandma that GIVES and GIVES and GIVES and clearly doesn't have the same phobia of puke as your mommy does because nothing stopped her from being right here in the middle of it to make sure I didn't lose my mind.  God protected the rest of us from catching the bug too.  I'm telling you, we're blessed!  So when you are looking back and see that I didn't post anything for 23 weeks it's just because week 23 was kind of a nightmare and I just couldn't make it happen.  Sorry about that!  

I've definitely started preparing for you long before I did with Case and Ty.  I lived in fear of losing Case and Ty and having all this stuff done and then not having them.  I'm not worrying as much with you.  Not because I don't get scared sometimes, I guess I just know time is limited and my faith in God's plan has grown over time.  I know that time isn't going to slow down the closer I get to your arrival so I'm trying to make it all happen now so I can just enjoy being pregnant in the end (yes I know that's an oxymoron).  It turns out I didn't keep as much equipment as I thought I did so I've been hitting the garage sale sites pretty hard.  Sorry buddy, you're the third kid and new stuff just isn't in the cards for you.  Doesn't mean I love you less it just means we're about to be broke times three so I'm trying to make it work :-)  So far I've gotten you a rock 'n play ($30), which by the way your brothers never even had, a highchair ($20), some newborn diapers ($4), a bouncy seat ($10), and a lot of bottles perfect for breastfeeding (because apparently I will never learn that lesson and am going to try again) ($20).  I've got my eye out for several more things that we still need too but I feel pretty good about that start.  

During week 22 and 23 I started working on your new room.  Right now it is Case's room but you are slowly taking it over.  Case is going to move into Ty's room and they are going to be bunk mates soon.  Then you are going to have your own room. Yes, Case, I know that doesn't seem fair but once this baby starts crying and we can shut his door you'll thank me!  Promise! So far I've accomplished (with Grandma's help of course) the painting of the walls in your room.  We left the main color alone but changed the stripes that were in there.  Here's a look at what we've done so far...
Case helping Grandma paint




And I've even started on your name so again, I hope we're sticking with it!  

Next up, curtains and finishing your name sign.  Thanks for all the kicks and squirms to remind me that you are there and doing just fine.  Love you, my little cantaloupe!  
 Love,
Mommy



No comments: