As I sit here this evening, I'm awaiting the burial of our beautiful boys, Joshua Wayne and Caleb Scott. Everything has happened so fast since our last post. I went to the doctor last Friday (9/5/08) after continuing to feel a tightening feeling. They measured my cervix again and everything looked the same. I asked Brandy (the ultrasound technician) to please check on the babies. She showed them to me and then said that she needed to show the pictures to the doctor. I knew something was wrong. Dr. Fenoughty came in immediately and said "We may have a problem." She said there was a lot of fluid between the boys and there were no longer heartbeats. She suspected placenta abruption. I was devastated. My boys were gone. Dr. Fenoughty and Brandy were both very caring and explained everything to me. They told me that I would have to deliver them because I was so far along. She wanted me to talk to Wayne and decide if we wanted to go back on Monday for another ultrasound so that Wayne could have that closure. I called Wayne in the parking lot and he came home immediately. We talked about it and decided that they would know if there could have been any other outcome so we didn't see any reason to put this off any longer. We knew the boys were dead and God had already taken them so we decided it was time to get past this point so that we could move on. We called the doctor and she explained everything to us again and said we could meet her at the hospital at 7:00 am. It was a rough night but we knew it was the right thing to do.
...more to come...this is exhausting.