Saturday, July 19, 2008

And they are...

...BOYS!!!

Wayne and I went to see a periontologist (a high risk OB) yesterday. She was to be the deciding factor on whether I should be starting any medication for my hyperthyroid. During the visit I knew they were going to do an ultrasound. I have read on many messageboards that if they are boys they can tell by 14 weeks because the genitally has already developed. When the ultrasound technician asked if we wanted to know what we are having I knew right away. It was a dead giveaway. Luckily we did want to know. So as it stands now (and it is still early so they said, "keep your receipts") the babies are in separate sacs, which is great news because that relieves many of the complications that could have come about, like cord entanglement. They are identical because it looks as though they are sharing one placenta. And they are BOYS!!!!

We are very excited and really didn't care what they were just as long as they are healthy. It looks like I am going to be outnumbered 3 to 1. There is no place I would rather be! We feel so blessed to have two amazing miracles growing perfectly inside of me. They are measuring perfect, even a three days ahead of schedule. I know...they're gifted already:-) The amniotic fluid around them looked great and their heart rates were 148 and 149. We truly appreciate all of you who have kept us in your prayers and we hope that you will continue to do so.

No comments: